Rental properties are in high demand and now is one of the best times to dive into becoming an investor and partnering with Charleston property management to earn residual income long into your retirement. Younger investors tend to buy homes to renovate and rent out; while retirees often decide to turn their family home into a rental property when they downsize. No matter what your situation is, there are some things you will need to do before you can start renting your properties to tenants.
First Steps to Getting Property Ready to Rent
- Register as a Landlord- Before you can rent out a property and begin working with Charleston property management, you will need to official register as a landlord with the city. The only thing needed to register as a landlord in Charleston is an application and w-9.
- Building Codes and Compliance- Rental properties are subject to inspections by city inspectors to ensure that the homes are up to code for safety compliance and minimum health standards.
- Resident Ready- If you are an investor who is purchasing homes to fix up and rent out, you will need to make renovations and updates to the home before it is resident ready. Even if you are renting out your family home as you downsize, updates to make the home more modern are a wonderful way to rent the home out fast.
- The Extra- Charleston property management is competitive and rental homes do not usually stay on the market long; however, you can increase your curb appeal and attract quality tenants by doing a little extra such as professional landscaping or new appliances before putting the home on the rental market.
- Property Management- Investors love working with Charleston property management teams because they can live their life without the hassle of being a landlord while still making a monthly profit. Working with a property manager is the best way to ensure your home is rented in a professional manner that keeps tenants under leases and profits coming in monthly.
If you are on step five and ready to contact a property management company in Charleston that will work hard to have your home rented quickly with quality tenants, contact Scott Properties of Charleston at 843-790-4929.